Tuesday 24 February 2015

#MicroblogMondays:""Wrong Prince!"

"The work of children is play." Jean Piaget

'Woman's Hour' may seem a little anachronistic in these days of approaching gender- equity, but it's a great podcast of a long-running BBC magazine programme that pulls no punches. And has a jolly good serial too. I was listening, not without sympathy, to a discussion promoted by a parent who found playing with her toddler 'boring'.

I LOVE playing with my grandchildren. Rosie used to call me, 'Grandma Play', and i was tickled pink by it.

Mind you, there has to be a "play-life" balance, and I'm not above inventing games that largely involve grandma lying on the sofa with her eyes closed. As a matter of fact, I'm thinking of patenting "The Wrong Prince". I think Disney might be interested. This is how it goes. Grandma lies on the sofa with her eyes closed pretending to be The Sleeping Beauty. Grandchild approaches and kisses her on the cheek. Grandma wakes up and shouts, "WRONG PRINCE" and everybody collapse in gales of laughter.

Even after playing it for the fiftieth time, it never gets boring!

1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet!
    I never tire of playing with my sweet boy- though sometimes I wish I could pause him for 5 minutes and grab a quiet snack!

    ReplyDelete